Sr. Usability Engineer AT&TPosted: March 5th, 2011 | Author: Submitted by UX Company | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: AT&T Interactive, engineer, mobile | Leave a comment »
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital products?
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens – online, mobile, and TV. YP.com attracts over 36 million monthly online unique visitors[i]. YP.com is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web. AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million mobile phones.[ii].
Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Usability Engineer in our Glendale, CA offices.
Summary: The Senior Usability Engineer would work within Consumer Products’ User Experience Design team providing user research and usability expertise and support across product teams within AT&T Interactive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work as a chief user advocate on each project team responsible for promoting user needs, preferences and behaviors through qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
* Work within the Consumer Products group to plan, develop, and perform user research and usability activities (including heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, usability testing and other testing methods) across AT&T Interactive consumer products
* Document and present research/usability findings and recommendations to product teams
* Document usability goals, recommendations and standards/guidelines at appropriate intervals in the project life-cycle
* Conduct remote and onsite usability testing
* Production of user research and usability deliverables such as personas, user research reports, competitive analysis, usability test plans and reports, etc.
* Responsible for our on site usability lab, including maintenance of equipment and management of usability testing
* Work within a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders, project managers, engineers, human factors engineers, and designers to refine and transform user needs into usable user interfaces.
* Reports to Director, Human Factors Engineering