Information Architect / Product ManagerPosted: March 13th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IA | Tags: Cooking, ecommerce, marina del rey, product management, west los angeles | Comments Off on Information Architect / Product Manager
- Details forProduct Manager/Information Architect
- Address:Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
- Date Posted:02/10/11
- Job Type:Full-time
Description Are you an IA with some product experience who wants to take on more product responsibilities?
Cooking.com currently has an opening for a Product Manager/Information Architect who will be a key member of the user experience and product development team. The Product Manager/Information Architect will work across Cooking.com’s suite of food-related e-commerce and content Web sites, including FoodNetworkStore.com, PaulaDeenStore.com, MarleyCoffee.com and many more.
The job will encompass conceptualizing, defining and optimizing innovative front-end experiences that help users shop, contribute and socialize, as well as smart back-end content and data management solutions used by production teams.
Full-time employees at Cooking.com are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, company-paid disability insurance, health club subsidiary, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, discount on Cooking.com merchandise, and other special perks:
• Casual work environment
• Employee referral program
• Flexible work arrangements
• 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
• Free pastries/bagels
• Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
Reporting to the VP of Product and User Experience, the Product Manager / Information Architect’s work will include creative concept and program brainstorming and roadmapping, seeking and evaluating external software and SaaS providers, creating wireframes and Agile “user story” specifications, working closely with graphic designers and coders during development scrums and product launches, setting project success metrics and analyzing post-launch performance.
A portfolio of prior Web site wireframes and functional specs is required. The ideal candidate has prior IA/Product experience in one or more of the following areas. FRONT END: Shopping experiences, social network-integrated experiences, databased editorial content experiences, user-generated content programs, video experiences, blog-based experiences, mobile experiences. PLATFORM and BACK-END: Site and/or database content management systems, data hierarchy management, e-com platforms, SharePoint, WordPress.
Usability research, user testing or editorial experience is a plus, as is an entrepreneurial spirit and an enjoyment of food and cooking. We love to welcome new people into our company recipe testing team!
• Recommend product experience improvements and enhancements based on ongoing customer research & feedback, site usage & performance, and competitive analysis
• Seek out, assess and recommend outside software and service provider solutions
• For assigned projects, participate in discovery, identifying business objectives as well as end-user and production needs and desires
• Create IA / UX solutions and documentation, especially wireframes and functional prototypes, for assigned projects
• Write crisp, clear functional specifications, defining to the last detail all business rules, user experiences and interface elements
• Work closely with interface graphic designers as they translate wireframes and requirements into visual designs
• Work closely with technology developers and participate in daily development Scrums
• Review developed product for proper functionality and accept finished work (or define defects) during weekly product demonstrations/release meetings
• Analyze site use data (paths, visit stats, etc.) and review market research to identify and advocate for upgrades to existing UX/functionality as well as new products/functionality
• Manage proposal and evaluation process for assigned projects, including creating written overviews used by tech and finance to create ROI and work estimates
• When possible, conduct usability and A/B tests and/or develop optimization and usability testing processes within company
• Special projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• At least 1 year experience developing detailed wireframes, schematics, site maps and other IA/UX documentation required
• Strong data and heuristic analysis, logical thinking and visual and verbal communication skills required
• Hands-on experience developing and launching innovative e-commerce, social or information/entertainment products required
• Hands-on experience developing content and data management systems preferred
• Experience writing detailed functional specifications, user stories, technical business rules, etc. preferred
• Experience with data-intensive or database -driven sites preferred
• Usability testing experience preferred
• Editorial or writing experience preferred
• Love of and experience with cooking or cookware preferred
Local candidate only – no relocation assistance provided.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina del Rey.
TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO:
with PMIA in the subject line
Founded in 1998 and located in Marina del Rey, CA, Cooking.com offers its customers more than 60,000 products for the kitchen, plus recipes, menus, articles and a growing library of tools and user-generated cooking content. As the leading online marketplace for the kitchen, Cooking.com operates 20+ uniquely branded websites for leading brands in the food and cooking space.