Sr. Web DeveloperPosted: March 29th, 2011 | Author: jobs | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design, Uncategorized | Tags: .net, asp, c#, css, dhtml, Glendale, html, java, Nestle, t-sql, vb script, web, xml, xslt | Leave a comment »
Nestle USA – Glendale, CA
This position reports to the HR Systems Manager and is responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing multiple internally built/custom applications from a functional and technical standpoint. These applications support a wide variety of HR-related business processes. The Sr. Web Developer will have in-depth experience with not only custom web programming but also with writing programs stored procedures to interact with SQL Server. This candidate will have the ability to translate business requirements into technical and functional specifications, assess available technologies, and recommend solutions related to Human Resources processes. The Sr. Web Developer has the ability to use a number of different web technologies in order to create, develop, test scenarios and scripts, and analyze test results in order to implement the most effective business solutions. The Sr. Web Developer will also be expected to leverage any existing application framework designed specifically for our HR web environment.
The immediate needs are for the Sr. Web Developer to understand the scope of the e-HR Systems and the support required to maintain them. The Sr. Web Developer will also have responsibility for conducting root cause analysis on the errors (tickets) to identify where the correction would need to be done to eliminate the error from recurring. As part of the root cause analysis, the Sr. Web Developer may expose opportunities to improve training and education of the user group on how to use the tools to their fullest extent. The Sr. Web Developer will have the responsibility identifying opportunities for enhancements which are needed to improve efficiency and accuracy of the systems and to design, develop, implement and support these. Another key element of the position is that, in order to provide streamlined and integrated solutions, it is important to understand the availability of the HR data and how to apply it to each application within the e-HR technical landscape, incorporating the required data security at all levels.
Once the ongoing operations are stabilized and new enhancements identified, the Sr. Web Developer will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities within the e-HR solutions. This can include expanding existing solutions to new audiences or providing a new solution to an existing constraint or issue. These improvements can encompass process, technology, data integrity, and access, among other ideas.
A long-term objective for the Sr. Web Developer is to design solutions that enhance the workforce experience. To design enhancements and new opportunities with the vision of the total solution in mind will help the e-HR team deliver productivity improvements for the workforce.
- Provide on-going production support for a number of applications, including, but not limited to Web Commission Calculator (WCC), HR Connection, and Legacy Learning Management System (LMS-Plateau), Talent Management System (TMS), Knowledgebase (KB), Employee Action Form (EAF), and EAF Automation (Winshuttle)
- Regularly monitor status of systems hosting business applications, resolve service desk help tickets; provide technical assistance to customers, collaborate with appropriate teams to test and implement system fixes.
- Support the configuration of defined processes to satisfy business requirements; collaborate with business users and colleagues to design, develop, test, and implement process or system enhancements and production support solutions.
- Provide technical analysis for the HR functional area and integrate with SAP
- Conduct root cause analyses and use that information to expose opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Identify opportunities for new solutions or expanding of current solutions
- Provide guidance to others within the Team and external to the team in terms of design
- Collaborate with business partners for continuous improvement opportunities
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience is required.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies; including ERP applications, technology systems and platforms is critical
- Solid understanding of standard HR business processes
- 5 to 7 years of Web Application Development experience
- A minimum of two years of project management experience, demonstrating collaboration skills, ability to self-manage project responsibilities successfully through various phases of a project..
- Experience in an environment which includes multiple applications and a complex technical landscape.
- Web Software Design languages, including .Net, ASP, VB Scripts, Batch Processing, HTML, Java, T-SQL, XML/XSLT, DHTML/CSS, Web Services, C+, C++, C#, UI
- Proven track record of on-schedule, high quality, large scale web application development
- Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret technical requirements and translate them into system specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, organizational and time-management abilities.
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to participate in multiple, concurrent projects while achieving business results.
- Effective follow through skills which result in ability to influence others to collaborate and complete the project.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including aptitude for mentoring others, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; ability to work on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer; the ability to identify alternatives, workarounds or temporary solutions.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and recommend new methods and solutions to problems and issues
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information