Strategic Design Researcher / Planner, LAPosted: June 6th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Research | Tags: Creative workshop, Design Researcher, management ability, Management framework, Planner, project planning, report visualization | Leave a comment »
Samsung Electronics needs a Design Researcher / Planner.
- Mid & long term strategy: Support to create SDA’s action level design management and strategic planning to align with high level corporate strategies of business divisions
- Project portfolio: Collect and organize annual SDA design projects, proposed by SDA design managers, and assist to plan/determine total project budget, and distribute budget for each project
- Design project: Coordinate with designers to plan SDA strategic design projects and distribute related resources, including human & budget
- Project execution: Collaboratively work strategic project execution related tasks, such as vender liaison, schedule tracking, process, method, expenses and client interaction
- Design research: Plan & conduct various research projects, such as user, market, technology, social/cultural & CMF research.
- Management meeting: Arrange SDA management meeting to review each team’s weekly project / team operation activities
- Top management level project report: Support to conduct top manager level (executive level) reports for current SDA performance and key project outputs
- Education support: Organize educational project (new employee orientation for Samsung / SDA vision, organization, mission, project and etc.) and inspirational/market observation trip (ex) CES & CTIA.
Project process: Track and inform project operational system and process, such as expenses report, project contract, NDA, and etc.
- Design resource: Assist to establish new design resources and human resources including design experts, design consulting firms & design schools
- B.S. Design or Master’s degree in Design Management, Design Planning, Business or other related field, Graduated 2010 or expected 2011
- 1~2 years of experience as a design, marketing, research and (or) business management in a top tier design consulting or corporation group.
- Excellent strategic project planning, and management ability
- Excellent team / group leadership and resource management ability
- Experience in consumer electronics preferred
- Excellent problem-framing ability
- Excellent opportunity-defining ability
- Research project leadership experience (independently, with team, with external resources)
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal; creation and delivery)
- Planning & Management framework development
- Creative workshop moderation
- Convincing report visualization