User Experience Manager And Content, LAPosted: June 6th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Content | Tags: editing, proofreading skills, Superior writing | Leave a comment »
The User Experience Manager, Content on the American Funds Digital Team oversees the activities, performance and process of the writers/editors in addition to external creative agencies to ensure high quality and timely deliverables. S/he will create and oversee the content strategy across the American Funds digital channel. S/he is a leader within the User Experience (UX) team, which is a multi-disciplinary group of interaction designers, visual designers, and writers/editors who collaborate closely with each other and with the larger organization to create compelling, user-friendly and informative customer experiences for a variety of audiences.
Throughout the organization, the User Experience Manager, Content represents and advocates for the user experience perspective. S/he works closely with both the business and web functional groups and peers to identify and implement projects, process changes, improvements and efficiencies and ensure solid creative practice.
Additionally, s/he will be a resource to the team, peers and other business groups by answering questions, facilitating decisions, sharing opinions and perspectives and suggesting new and innovative ideas. This includes having a strategic understanding and vision of the short and long-term business, web and user experience needs to effectively manage and direct projects.
- Create and evolve the content strategy and editorial guidelines, ensuring consistency and predictability to the end user.
- Oversee the development of clear, consistent nomenclature for tools and applications; direct the creation of new systems to tag and organize new and existing content and site navigation.
- Work with UX team to define user models and interfaces for new/updated features and functionality.
- Work with technology teams to uncover and understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to content deliverables.
- Work with product managers, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define product and content requirements that best achieve business goals as identified by key stakeholders.
- Evaluate the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage creative process to ensure efficiency, user experience consistency and coordination with system development and production processes.
- Lead and manage vendor relationships including overseeing processes, day to day relationships and related contract, budgeting and planning activities.
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels.
- Partner with communications groups throughout organization to help define content structures and identify how content from different channels is related and shared.
- Collaborate with groups throughout the organization to form partnerships and participate in joint initiatives concerning the delivery of content management capabilities.
- Experience working on a large-scale website or network of sites and managing/editing content for multiple channels
- Experience working in an agile project methodology
- Passion for creating great user experiences with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience in creating and executing on a content strategy within the interactive space
- Must have a diverse portfolio of work to demonstrate authored and edited web content
- Understanding of interaction design and information architecture with regards to content strategy
- Extensive experience planning for and developing useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, taxonomy and nomenclature
- Ability to critique the quality of both product experience design and visual design
- Ability to scope, organize and execute multiple projects with interrelated goals
- BA or MA in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in an Editorial/Content leadership role
- 7+ years creating online/digital content