Structural Packaging Design Engineer at Speck Products, Palo AltoPosted: July 18th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, autocad, Modeling, Palo Alto, Palo Alto CA, photoshop, prototyping, Structural Packaging Design Engineer | Leave a comment »
The Packaging Design Engineer will be responsible for creating new structural packaging designs for new R&D projects and supporting line extensions. You will collaborate with internal customers, project teams and external suppliers/partners from brainstorming new innovative concepts for packaging component design through technical feasibility and cost assessments. Specifically this position will do the following:
- Responsible for on-going packaging improvement, structural design to support the organizations initiatives and R&D on new packaging forms.
- Take projects from the concept stage through execution; develop CAD drawings, specifications, and construct prototypes.
- Adapt existing packaging structures around varied product sizes.
- Review spec packages and samples (outbound and inbound) from suppliers to assure execution of original spec and design intent.
- Adapt current packaging designs to new products/formats.
- Illustrate and convey graphic content.
- Independently manage packaging deadlines to align with project release milestones on multiple projects.
- Manage packaging projects that support internal launch initiatives.
- Understanding of the design and development process from concept to production.
- Understanding of industry testing protocols and basic printing and production processes.
- Highly organized with exemplary time management skills.
- Critical thinker and reliable decision-maker.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus; equally capable at working independently.
- Proficient with PC/MAC (spreadsheets, word processing).
- Proficient with AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Photoshop and Pro/E a big plus.
- Modeling and prototyping skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
- Working knowledge of techniques such as die-cutting, thermoforming, injection and blister molding.
- Broad knowledge of materials, material applications, and packaging construction.
- BA/BS degree in Design or related field.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Please send us your cover letter including salary requirements, resume and link to your portfolio (or PDF samples of your work).
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org