User Experience Designer at FlickrPosted: July 25th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: communication skills, Excellent leadership, mockups, omnigraffle, photoshop, prototypes, storyboards, teamwork skills | Leave a comment »
Flickr revolutionized photo sharing with its launch in 2004. Its innovative approach to sharing, organizing, and searching for photos is used by millions of people around the world and has inspired the development of countless community-based web services. Acquired by Yahoo! in 2005, Flickr has rapidly grown to be one of the worlds most popular photo sharing sites.
Flickr’s mission is two fold: help people make their content available to the people who matter to them, and enable new ways of organizing photos and video. With the full support of Yahoo!, Flickr will continue to change the way people interact online. The Flickr team is star-studded, tight-knit, humble, and prides itself on teamwork. At Flickr you will take on big projects, shape the future of online photo sharing, and learn from some of the best in the business.
Flickr is looking for a designer with a passion for creating compelling and satisfying user experiences. You will collaborate with the design team, product managers, and developers to shape the user experience on Flickr. Designers at Flickr own the entire design process on projects from interaction design through visual design and written product content. We are a team of generalists who value deep design thinking and sweat the details on our projects.
- Be part of the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables such as use cases, task flows, detailed mockups for development, and QA.
- Create simple interactions from complex features–while also crafting the voice and visual style of Flickr.
- Develop storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction models and design ideas to the team.
- Define design strategy, project approach and scoping for your projects. Drive new features and improvements across the Flickr product.
- Identify appropriate user research techniques and metrics for gauging success. Work with researchers and project team to iterate designs based on test feedback.
- Communicate design strategy to the Flickr team and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders.
Minimum job qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a key member of user experience team with a history of designing for large-scale web, mobile and/or desktop applications.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in HCI, product design, human factors or related field
- Solid understanding of user-interface design principles
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Fluency with the Photoshop, Omnigraffle, or other design tools
- Ability to communicate design principles and build consensus
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
Please submit portfolio URLs in addition to your resume.