Graphic Designer at GAP, San FranciscoPosted: August 22nd, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: 4-color printing process, Attention to detail, Graphic Designer, illustrator, indesign, photoshop, san francisco | Leave a comment »
In the Gap brand creative team, we value inventive, smart and unexpected design concepts and thoughtful solutions. We are passionate about style and have a desire to communicate product messages to our customer with a sense of wit and individuality. We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our windows and in-store team.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating design concepts for seasonal product messages that show up across windows and the in-store experience. Depending on the scale of the product message, this could include a multitude disciplines from: shoot/image concepts, window designs, in-store signage, collateral, events, promotions and creative ideas on how to enhance the overall customer experience in the stores and with the brand. The Graphic Designer will work closely and collaboratively with the other designers to develop and fully flesh out concepts. This person will present thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives.
- Design materials that communicate directly with the customer.
- Design materials that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience.
- Creatively solve issues identified by the Account teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the account objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges.
- The Graphic Designer will accomplish these key deliverables in the following ways:
- Actively participates and collaborates well with other designers in the creative process.
- Presents thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to create any design instructions clearly for pre-production handoffs and review and mark up call-outs on mechanicals and proofs.
- Attention to detail.
- Work directly and collaboratively with visual merchandising and styling partners to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives. Build relationships with these business partners towards the best creative solutions.
- Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
- Background in graphic design and a love for typography, a must.
- Ability to be both creative and technical
- Operational proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop (min. 4-5 yrs. experience)
- Knowledge of the 4-color printing process.
- Organized with the ability to work on numerous projects effectively.
- Foresight with special projects to tailor and redefine the process as needed.
- Art and style awareness
- Work collaboratively and independently when needed.
- Minimum educational level : BA in graphic design or related area.
- Minimum experience : 4-5 years experience working in advertising or design studio environment.
- Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timetables.
- Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes. Desire to explore, understand and use new software and other technological advancements related to our business.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
- Must be able to physically able to use computer and artist’ tools (X-Acto knife, straight edge, etc.) and have great comping skills.