We are currently looking for an Information Architect/UX Designer for our growing team. If you are interested in a fast paced, start-up environment, please apply.
The Interaction Designer/Information Architect will work with product managers, engineers, and designers to help evolve ideas for new and existing features and research for new product features. This team member will also be responsible for creating wire-frames and flows for our site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop user interaction model, site maps, work-flows, prototypes, and interface guidelines
- Conduct usability research and translate the findings into design improvements
- Create iterative interface designs and design specs
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design teams to implement and ensure the development of a consistent and effective user experience
- Lead interaction design through the entire product lifecycle, providing a range of tools and deliverables, including:
- – use cases, user task flows
- – user interface concepts and interaction models
- – annotated wireframes
- – information architecture, navigational structure
- – documentation of design concept in detailed UI specs
- Identify appropriate user research techniques and metrics for gauging success.
- Guide product direction and set UI requirements based on user research, functional requirements, and business goals.
- Present and communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the team
- Document actions by creating functional descriptions and completing functional specifications with product manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, or greater in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field; strong technical background a plus
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience on a user experience team with a track record of defining interaction design on large-scale web, mobile and/or desktop applications.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a software development environment.
- Excellent conceptual, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience building wire-frames for websites and applications is a must
- Innate passion for improving the online world and a desire to continually increase customer satisfaction
- Solid portfolio of previous projects or work and work/content; references will be checked against examples.
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform compatibility required.
- Understanding of issues of accessibility in UI design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Must be an effective problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth environment
Send resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.