Lead User Experience/Visual Designer at Opower, San FranciscoPosted: August 2nd, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: agile, Lead, san francisco, UI, User Experience, UX flows, Visual Designer, visual solutions, wireframes | Leave a comment »
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll take the lead in designing intuitive, compelling products that change the way people think about and use energy. You’ll have the challenge of working on designs across multiple channels, including print, web, email, small devices, and SMS. You’ll be a design leader throughout the entire product cycle – including conception, rapid prototyping, usability testing, development, post-launch research. You’ll work on cross-functional teams and collaborate frequently with Product Managers and Engineers. If you have experience designing simple, engaging consumer products, want to work hard in a fast-paced environment for a rapidly growing company, and would like to see millions of people benefit from the results of your work, this is the job for you.
Note: This job is based in SF with travel to VA.
- Own UX design for parts of the OPOWER product, including printed reports, web, mobile, email, small devices
- Explore UI & visual solutions, create UX flows, build wireframes, write specs for developers
- Collaborate with Product Managment and Engineering to create the best and simplest possible solutions for the user that fall within product constraints
- Lead usability testing and incorporate findings into designs
- Participate in Agile QA
- Be a true advocate for the user and help drive UX roadmap
- You have a BA/BS (MS preferred) in HCI, Design, Computer Science, or related field.
- You have 6-10 years UX design experience and expertise in interaction design fundamentals.
- You have solid visual design skills and a thorough understanding of graphic design/layout principles for print and web.
- You are extremely comfortable and experienced leading user research & testing sessions on your designs.
- You have experience with the full product development cycle for consumer software/website products- you’ve designed/launched products before.
- You’ve held leadership positions – you are extremely proactive, responsible, reliable, and a master at time management.
- You don’t mind diving deep into the details – although this is a leadership role, it’s very hands-on and will require detailed work from the concept through documentation phases.
- Experience working with the Agile development process a plus.