Flash Designer at Six Degree Games, Marina Del ReyPosted: September 13th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: communication skills, css, Flash ActionScript 3, Flash Designer, Flex, html, marina del rey, organization skills | Leave a comment »
Looking for a FLASH DESIGNER who can help design and build exciting interactive features and entertaining and intuitive UI applications for ActionAllStars.com, a sports-themed virtual world for kids age 6-12. The designer will work collaboratively with internal teams to concept, design elements and create final assets for our gaming platform. The candidate should have a strong sense of graphic design, typography and flash animation. Qualified candidates MUST have an online portfolio of work that showcases artistic/technical ability. The ideal candidate should have exceptional creative-design talent and technical skills, as well as experience with Web sites, print media, production, art pipelines, and project management.
- Primary responsibilities include the design and creation of features for product releases
- Translate conceptual ideas into engaging visual design solutions
- Conceptualize and create brand-consistent, easy-to-use, attractive and meaningful interactive virtual world elements for use on the web
- Provide design expertise to the organization and work directly with Web Development and Software Engineering
Qualifications And Skills
- You MUST have a deep appreciation for simple yet FUN, usable interfaces.
- Solid skills in graphic design, an excellent eye for typography, layout, purposeful color, ability to work in both vector and bitmap styels and attention to detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Thorough understanding of professional web standards including file size limitations, and optimization etc.
- Understanding of Adobe Flash ActionScript 3, Flex HTML, CSS
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Juggle multiple tasks.
- Can quickly adapt to change in a growing company
- Virtual world/game design experience
- Passion for casual online games
- Online portfolio of work showcasing artistic ability
- Ability on the court to knock down 3 pointers or grab 10 or more rebounds is a plus.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year University required or similar training ideally focused on graphic design and web design
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a professional-level Web Designer
- List of URLs/online portfolio. Please give SPECIFIC details about your level of involvement (concept, art, code, programming, etc.) on each project
- Familiarity with current trends in sports and web design.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com