Senior UI Engineer, Santa MonicaPosted: September 1st, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: ajax, Carpinteria, CFM, json, Omniture, php, ruby, Web Services, xml | Leave a comment »
Tasks & Activities
- Drive technology-wide platforms, decisions, and processes, as well as provide technical oversight and mentoring, and communication of technical decisions and processes.
- Work with various project methodologies, including SCRUM/Agile, RUP, and the like.
- Constantly improve production and code quality and delivery techniques, and help adopt and standardize related processes and improve upon them.
- Develop new front-end technologies, functionality, and experiences for both planned and existing sites, and to integrate technology into these sites with a consistent focus on quality and maintainability.
- 4+ years as a Lead Developer for UI/Front End/RIA projects.
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing complex Front End applications.
- 4+years of Object Oriented programming experience.
- 3+ years of integration and support of Analytics packages, such as Omniture.
- Expert in documenting functionality (code commit/bug comments, technical specifications, inline commenting, requirements, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Web Services, XML/JSON, AJAX/RIA.
- Expert in JSP (or similar OOP web scripting languages, such as PHP, CFM, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with template engines, such as Velocity, is a plus.
- Expert in site tuning and performance optimization (HTTP Profiling, PageSpeed, etc.), including SEO, bundling, and minification.