User Experience Designer at BermanBraun, Santa MonicaPosted: September 26th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: blue-sky concepts, diagram workflow, indesign, omnigraffle, product vision, santa monica, User Experience Designer, visio, wireframe schematics | Leave a comment »
BermanBraun is looking for a creative, seasoned Information Architect / UX Designer to join its UX Team. The IA/UX Designer will help define how our network of consumer-oriented websites, apps and mobile products will evolve. The position will work closely with the User Experience team, product owners, designers and developers to articulate a product vision, sketch blue-sky concepts, create wireframe schematics, diagram workflow, organize and conduct usability testing, and shepherd products through visual design and development.
- The primary responsibility of the IA/UX Designer is to wireframe concepts for new products and to work with editorial, design, and product teams to refine them. The final deliverable may be high-fidelity functional specifications.
- Contribute supporting documentation where required, which may include workflow, use cases, requirements, competitive audits, content strategy and test cases.
- Oversee the consistent definition, implementation, and evolution of smart UX patterns and interaction models.
- Play a flexible role across our products: sometimes as primary UX designer on your own project, sometimes as UX consultant to others.
- Stay current with advancements in interactive and mobile technology as well as competitive products, and advocate for the appropriate application of those advancements in our own products.
- Run or direct usability testing as appropriate.
- Act as a primary user advocate across our products.
- Participate in the development of new business.
- Create new ideas for products, content, games and advertising solutions.
- The ideal candidate will be equal parts product-thinker, information architect, interaction designer, and usability professional.
- Prior experience (4+ years) as an information architect or interaction / UX designer, having created consumer-facing websites and/or mobile experiences.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating your UX skills with examples of process used on projects.
- Experience working with OmniGraffle, Visio, InDesign or other UX wireframing tools.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts effectively whether verbally, written or through visuals.
- Ability to produce in a fast paced environment with a dedication to iterate in pursuit of the best solutions.
- Self-motivated worker with ability to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com