Sr. Human Factors Engineer at AT&T Interactive, GlendalePosted: October 5th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Research | Tags: collaborative, communication skills, Glendale, Human Factors Engineer, multi tasking skills, senior | Leave a comment »
Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Human Factors Engineer in our Glendale, CA offices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a chief user advocate on each project team responsible for promoting user needs while integrating recommendations of the project team and translating business and user requirements into a workable, efficient solution.
- Work within the Consumer Products group to plan, develop, and perform user research and usability activities (including heuristic evaluations, usability testing and other testing methods) across YELLOWPAGES.COM consumer products,
- Responsible for researching, designing, and documenting user interfaces and features
- Production and maintenance of Information Architecture deliverables such as wireframes, personas, site maps, task flows, etc.
- Responsible for innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, and navigation
- Work within a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders, project managers, engineers, and designers to refine and transform user needs into usable user interfaces.
- Reports to Associate Director, Human Factors
- Master’s Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or related discipline.
- Interest in user research/usability testing methodologies and user-centered design
- Experience with planning and execution of usability testing strategies
- 1-2 years experience in information architecture/user interface design and relevant application (Visio, Illustrator, etc.) and design process expertise
- Expertise in information architecture deliverables including wireframes and site maps
- Knowledge of general user interface design guidelines, usability engineering methods
- Excellent collaborative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent multi tasking skills
Master’s Degree in Human Factors, HCI or related discipline preferred, although those with comparable work experience considered.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environmentSend us your resume today.