UX Designer at DeutschPosted: October 20th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: analytical skills, Greater Los Angeles Area, illustrator, indesign, Microsoft Office, omnigraffle, photoshop, process-oriented skills, UX Designer, verbal skills, visio, written skills | Leave a comment »
Deutsch LA is the leading Advertising Agency on the West Coast. Our thriving office is imaginative, creative and produces outstanding work for our clients. If a rapidly growing, innovative, competitive environment sounds challenging and exciting, then this is the place for you! Our clients include Volkswagen, Sony PlayStation, Anthem Blue Cross, Dr Pepper, Snapple, HTC and California Cheese.
- Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding (with guidance and oversight).
- Lead participatory design/user testing sessions (with oversight and direction).
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings; provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
- Prepare, conduct, and analyze behavioral in-context research events (with guidance and oversight).
- Analyze, synthesize, and organize research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioral models.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research; organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps.
- Execute participatory requirements gathering sessions and participate in debrief sessions (with guidance and oversight); create feature lists from sessions.
- Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings (with guidance and oversight).
- Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution’s high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (i.e., site maps) as well as the
- interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution (with guidance and oversight).
- Develop screen details (i.e., wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight).
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in Master’s Program preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications.
- Less than 1 year of work experience
- Internship experience in a consulting firm or agency a plus
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Proficient to expert in: OmniGraffle, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams