UX Designer at The Visionaire Group, Greater Los Angeles AreaPosted: October 20th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: ajax, axure, Balsamiq, css, Greater Los Angeles Area, HTML5, indesign, omnigraffle, user research, UX Designer, visio | Leave a comment »
We have an extremely creative environment with exciting, high profile entertainment clients, as well as Fortune 100 brands. Our company is ready to grow and is looking for individuals who are eager to grow with us. Your ambition to succeed must match ours in order to thrive at the company. If you pine over every last detail, are passionate about great design and like having a little fun this position is for you.
The job is open and ready to be filled immediately on a full-time basis. Applicants must possess a minimum of a four year degree in a related field such as UI Design, Human Factors, Product Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or Interaction Design preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Salary is negotiable and will be based on experience and portfolio. 401k and 529 plans available. Be prepared to provide at least 3 references we cancontact.
- Plan, develop and perform user research/usability activities.
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative user feedback to optimize existing UX designs and inform new ones
- Develop high-level and/or comprehensive storyboards and mock-ups to effectively communicate content, interaction and design concepts
- Merge research findings, creative innovation and best practices to generate unique, user experience solutions
- Create functional layout of info and nav design in the form of flow charts and annotated wireframes
- Work closely with clients and internal team to translate client objectives into meaningful interactive experiences
- 4+ years experience designing user flows & wireframes for sites, mobile, etc.
- Strong understanding of IA/UI/UX/interface design
- Must be highly skilled in developing detailed flow charts, sitemaps, interaction design, information architecture, and wireframes that incorporate all technical components, content areas and usability scenarios
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work well with others
- Knowledgeable about latest web technologies and limitations. i.e. AJAX, HTML5, CSS etc.
- Be prepared to tell us about some of the latest technologies, startups and tools that get you excited.
- Your tools of the trade must include: Axure, Visio, Omnigraffle, InDesign and Balsamiq.
- Experience with these will be helpful: Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe CS Suite.
- Advertising agency experience a plus