Art Director at Fox Networks, Los AngelesPosted: November 24th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: art director, flash, los angeles, omnigraffle | Leave a comment »
FOX Sports is looking for an outstanding visual and human interface designer to join our Mobile and Advanced Platforms team. Our focus is currently on designing applications for the following platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android, Android Tablet, mobile web, Playstation, and Xbox. The Art Director will be responsible for establishing the visual design direction and working with engineers to oversee implementation of designs. Deliverables include wireframes, moodboards, and design mockups.
We’re looking for someone who cares about creating the best products in the industry, rather than a sports fan. It’s great if you love sports, but it’s not a requirement.
- The candidate must be a natural collaborator, able to develop and present design ideas in a team environment. Applicant will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus.
- Candidates should possess exceptional visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. The applicant must have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a strong aesthetic sensibility, candidates must be able to grasp and distill highly complex issues. Strong communication skills and organizational ability are critical. Interest in emerging technologies in mobile, web, and other devices is a valuable attribute as well.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
- Expertise using Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design related software required. Knowledge of Omnigraffle, Flash, and 3D software is a plus.
- A BFA or BA degree in design-related studies is required, along with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.