UX designer at HeavenSpot, Los AngelesPosted: November 1st, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: communication skills, Flows Maps, Navigation Maps, prototypes, Site Audit, wireframes | Leave a comment »
Heavenspot is an award-winning Digital Creative Agency that creates websites, mobile applications, games and advertising for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are located in the heart of the creative Silverlake neighborhood in Los Angeles. We count among our awards an FWA, 2 Webby’s, Communication Arts Interactive Annual, How Magazine Award, and more. We always put Creative first!
The User Experience Designer will support the Strategy department in architecting projects such as websites, mobile and web applications, and other digital interaction-based efforts. The UX Designer will work under a lead Architect and in close conjunction with the Creative and Technology departments to create the blueprints that the team will use to bring project concepts into reality. The ideal candidate will be creative, inquisitive, analytical, and have a passion for usability.
- Support the Strategy team in architecting
- Assist in defining project specifications and feature set
- Develop user personas, scenarios of use, interaction models
- Create and annotate wireframes and other UX diagrams
- Define and document behavior of project elements in extreme detail
- Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of usability to websites, web applications and mobile applications
- 1-3 years experience creating UX documents used by creative and technology teams in the development of interactive projects
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms and front-end web technologies
- Solid writing and visual communication skills
Typical outputs include
- Site Audit (usability study of existing assets)
- Flows and Navigation Maps
- User stories or Scenarios
- Persona (Fictitious users to act out the scenarios)
- Site Maps and Content Inventory
- Wireframes (screen blueprints or storyboards)
- Prototypes (For interactive or in-the-mind simulation)
- Written specifications (describing the behavior or design)
As a Heavenspot employee you will be entitled to Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, plus sick and personal days. We will pay relocation fees for the right candidate – LA is a great place to live! Compensation will be based on experience.
We’re a small company that’s been around for 14 years and make an effort to make sure that our team works normal hours because happy employees make great work. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Please send CV’s and links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: UX Designer – this will ensure that your email doesn’t get lost in the mix.