Chief Creative Officer / Creative Director (Online Video Games) at FunBuilt, Los AngelesPosted: December 27th, 2011 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: animation, Chief Creative Officer, Creative Director, mobile, Motion Graphics | Leave a comment »
FunBuilt is a startup game company, in Los Angeles, that is currently developing a new type of social gaming platform. Our first game has a tightly integrated real world component that combines social networking and online mmo gaming with a innovative “twist”. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to come in early in the initial game development phase and to see your work implemented at a huge scale.
FunBuilt is currently looking for a Chief Creative Officer / Creative Director with the following skillset:
- Design and create final production ready graphics.
- Work closely with the FunBuilt team to design our next game in a fixed timeframe.
- Pitch new ideas to the team/ hold brainstorming sessions.
- Design great, html-based multi-player games.
- Passion for building viral consumer products.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Remain up-to-date with Game Design literature and best practices to be an evangelist for the craft of Game Design.
- Team Player.
- B.S. or B.A. in Design or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in user experience design.
- Experience designing vector-based assets for web.
- Experience working on project throughout the creative design process (from concept to final assets creation).
- Ability to see the big picture and design creative assets systems that can be used simultaneously across multiple platforms (web, broadcast, mobile etc.).
- Experience with animation and motion graphics.
- 3+ years of experience in final production design.
- 3+ years of experience designing brand look-and-feels.
- 3+ years of experience designing brand monikers and brand slogans.
- 1+ years of experience designing assets for mobile.
- Ability to create design deliverables for fixed deadlines in a short amount of time.
- Please include examples of your work when applying!
- 1+ years of experience designing assets for broadcast.
- Experience or knowledge of traditional board game, card game, or dice game design.
- Game programming background.
- Experience designing games for web.
- Experience playing on-line games.
- Experience using on-line social networks.
- Viewpoint on the future of on-line creative.
- Some experience with illustration preferred.
- Mac based software experience (Adobe, etc.)
Position is full-time in central Los Angeles. Salary is commensurate with experience. Equity in the company will be offered as part of the total salary package. Please email your cover letter, resume and examples of your work (urls) to firstname.lastname@example.org.