Associate Creative Director at Iconmobile, Santa MonicaPosted: January 25th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: ACD, art director, Associate Creative, Director, illustrator, Keynote, omnigraffle, photoshop, powerpoint, santa monica, UXD | Leave a comment »
As an Associate Creative Director @iconmobilegroup you own the entire creative process of a project, from concept ideation through UX through visual design. Integrated and mobile-only campaigns, msites, microsites, apps and everything in between will be your playground. You will take creative leadership on an account, pitch or project-level.
You will both work hands-on to bring ideas to paper, rock some wireframes or work on visual design comps as well as review work by our UX and Visual Design teams and make sure that we execute the overall creative vision for the project from start to finish. You will work closely with account, strategy and user experience design.
Account assignments are tbd, this is our current client roster:
- Microsoft (commercial and consumer): Windows Phone, Windows, Windows Azure, Private Cloud, Office 365, Xbox, …
- Johnson & Johnson
Besides working on existing accounts, you will help win new business and steer our roster into our desired direction.
This position reports to the Head of Creative Services.
- Develop, present and optimize creative concepts that deliver results against business goals – working closely with our strategy team
- Oversee all creative disciplines throughout the project (ideation, IA/content, IxD, VD, Motion, Specs/handoff to dev)
- Work hands-on and create concept boards/decks, wireframes and visual design comps – working closely with our UX/VD team
- Interface with our clients’ marketing managers, and creative teams at partner agencies
- Lead, present and win pitches
- Help mentor junior staff
- Help improve internal tools & processes
- Represent our work at events, awards and conferences
- 5+ years experience as an ACD, UXD or Art Director within a world-class digital agency environment
- We are looking for candidates with one of the following backgrounds (you need to have both a strategic and an artistic mind)
- o UX Designer with a strategic mindset and a passion for Visual Design; or
- o Visual Design/Art focus, but also strong in UX/content strategy
- Big brand experience
- Advertising, digital and experimental campaign background
- Passion for advertising
- You are a digital native
- Mobile experience is a big plus
- Ability to create and hold compelling presentations that illustrate creative concepts
- Online or PDF portfolio with awarded digital work – we want to be impressed
- Have no issue with “getting your hands dirty”
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment
- Flexibility regarding travel – right now, we anticipate a trip to Seattle every other month
- Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Keynote, Powerpoint
How to Apply
Send resumes, portfolio links, and work samples should be sent directly to me via email at email@example.com
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.