Web Designer at Easton-Bell Sports, Van NuysPosted: January 11th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: actionscript, Dreamweaver CS5, HTML 5, Illustrator CS5, jquery, Media, seo, Van Nuys, Viral Marketing, Web Designer | Leave a comment »
We are Easton-Bell Sports.
Tomorrow is ours.
Because of the time we put in today.
We will be smarter. And faster. More resilient. More Clever. More Vocal. More open.
And maybe a little less serious.
We are devoted to sports and the people who play them. We vow to make them stronger and better.
If we fail, we learn. If we win, we improve.
Because our direction is ever forward.
Our passion is always with purpose.
Our success, humbly inevitable.
This is our time. Tomorrow is ready.
Let’s take it.
Are you ready to take it?
We are currently recruiting for a web designer to work across brands on creative strategy and execution of online marketing initiatives.
We are looking for the very best to help create our tomorrow.
Reporting to the Sr. Web Design Manager, the Web Designer will be responsible for supporting the Web Team in all facets of Easton-Bell Sports visual design strategy and execution, user experience, web site creative production and external online marketing assets across the Easton-Bell Sports network of sites including Team and Action Sports Brands. While playing a critical role in the strategy and execution of online creative marketing initiatives, the Web Designer will also work very closely with the broader marketing organization to create, maintain and leverage new and existing product and/or brand marketing programs across Easton-Bell Sports. Teamwork is essential in order to coordinate and facilitate integrated programs while working with internal marketing department alongside existing outside agency partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating on-site graphic elements, visual designs, and solutions for day-to-day production of site for features, image/content updates, product marketing launches, and promotions on Easton-Bell Sports network of sites
- Design, develop and produce onsite web promotions and external collateral, including but not limited to, new and existing product launches, banners, 3rd party promotions, emails, and overall visual site enhancements
- Communicates design goals and messages to creative participants and key stakeholders, ensuring integration of design requirements into all phases of production
- Work with outside agencies to help drive creative marketing and site design strategies/ execution for projects beyond internal capabilities
Education and Training
- Experience with Basecamp
- Experience designing mobile and Facebook apps
- Experience with Magento ecommerce
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to do basic video editing with Final Cut
- Understanding of video compression techniques and codecs
- Consumer products, brand and/or e-commerce experience
- Experience with a global company
- Passion for sports and the web
Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate for the Web Designer position will have strong experience in web/graphic design and site development as well as strategic web marketing (SEO, Media, Viral Marketing and Social Networking).
- Visual Design: A strong understanding of current web design best practices, styles and methodology; Proper use of typography; including font styling, kerning and leading; Ability to work from wireframes to create layout in Photoshop; Ability to work from existing style guides to match our brands; Expert knowledge of Photoshop CS5; Intermediate knowledge of Illustrator CS5, Dreamweaver CS5
- Web Development: Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS; Basic understanding of current HTML specifications; Familiarity with Web 2.0/Emerging Technologies. (HTML 5, jQuery, etc.).
- Flash: Intermediate knowledge of Flash CS4 or CS5, including ActionScript 2 or 3