Design Assistant – Apparel at Mage Design, Los AngelesPosted: February 20th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Misc | Tags: Apparel, Assistant, design, illustrator, mac, photoshop | Leave a comment »
Design Studio looking for Assistant Designer to aid the Head Designers for an important apparel-focused client.
Ultimately this candidate is to act as Design Assistant as well as part of our creative, detail-oriented and highly motivated team.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Aiding with creation and upkeep of design and project presentation materials.
- Creating full technical packages following strict guidelines. It is imperative that the candidate have tech pack experience. We will not consider anyone who does not have this experience.
- Assisting head designers with work on new and existing body silhouettes and styling details.
- Working with head designers on developing fabric and finishes, fits and artwork.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in design / technical design, fit and styling development.
- Working knowledge of fabrics and construction.
- Professional level knowledge level of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on a Mac platform.
- Extreme competence with creating and revising tech packs.
- Ability to stay focused and motivated.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
*No phone calls, apply only via email to email@example.com
*We will not consider any applicant who does not include resume, cover letter, and a portfolio or some sort of visual reference to his/her work samples.
*We will not consider any applicants who do not have Tech Pack experience and proficiency in Adobe Illustrator.
* This is NOT a Graphic Design position; please no Graphic Design applicants.