Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online (WDPRO) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts segment. Through our award-winning websites, we provide a digital portal to magical travel destinations such as the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, the Disneyland® Resort in California and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. At WDPRO, we also have designed and created websites for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club.
The Web Developer on the Walt Disney World Project team provides
- Designing and building comprehensive and robust software architectures that can accommodate the Business partners’ needs
- Implementing new systems, features, and enhancements
- Working closely with the QA Team, Producers, System Engineers, Project Managers, Product Development Managers and other internal and external partners to deliver solid applications and smooth product launches.
- Mentoring junior team members on process and engineering best practices.
- Estimate effort for design and development tasks
- 4+ years of software design and implementation experience.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering standards and best practices
- Ability to work closely with clients and succinctly elicit their requirements.
- Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions to meet client requirements
- Ability to deliver solutions on time according to requirements and business needs.
- Committed to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
- Able and willing to effectively mentor junior team members and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Expert in at least one PHP framework, preferably Zend Framework
- Experience with leading geographically separated projects and teams a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience
- Understanding of common delivery and communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP, RMI
- Strong understanding and experience with agile software development methodology.
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g., Perforce, CVS, Subversion)
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., GoPublish)
- Experience with MVC or Java is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in field;