Art Director at Shoedazzle,Los AngelesPosted: March 17th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: art director, image-making skills, los angeles, typography, visual design | Leave a comment »
The Art Director at ShoeDazzle is primarily responsible for the management and supervision of the in-house team of designers and copywriters. The Art Director designs, strategizes, oversees and participates in the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables under the guidance of the Creative Director. These responsibilities include; creating and communicating concepts from inception to completion, providing guidance to the design and writing teams, and implementing marketing/merchandising strategies. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director will work with and lead a collaborative team of designers and copywriters. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to be a strong team leader and mentor to senior and junior level designers and copywriters. Must have the ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast paced ecommerce environment.
- Daily design management of the in-house design team, which includes running daily meetings for planning to concepting and daily 1:1 creative leadership.
- Balances strategic development with business objectives and goals.
- Directs and balances core creative services disciplines (graphic design, visual design, information design, photography, advertising (online and offline), and campaign concepting and implementation
- Provides quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
- Mentors and coaches team members through project development and performance management.
- Contributes to the innovative development of the creative department.
- Partners closely with Project Managers and is responsible for properly assigning work and communicating the scoping of design and copy to various teams.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Strong design portfolio with 4+ years education BFA preferred, minimum 4+ years design management in an agency or product development environment including extensive knowledge and experience working in ecommerce.
- Team player that has worked closely with multidisciplinary departments, from merchandising to marketing groups.
- Experience leading a team of designers, production artists and writers
- Extensive knowledge and interest women’s fashion and trends.
- Strong visual design and image-making skills and ability to articulate and communicate concepts and ideas, ability to lead brainstorming and concept sessions.
- Strong typography skills.
- Some experience with packaging design, collateral design and design for merchandising a huge plus.
- Must be a hands on designer—pick up work will be needed for a multitude of projects. No prima donnas please.
- Experience art directing photo shoots and interest in photography, working knowledge of the technical aspects of photography a huge plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other benchmark design applications. Experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro a plus.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com