Graphic Designer at Smashbox Cosmetics, Culver CityPosted: March 19th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: culver city, Graphic Designer, illustrator, indesign, photoshop | Leave a comment »
Smashbox Cosmetics is the indie-spirit beauty brand born out of Smashbox Studios, the modern-day image factory in L.A. We are currently looking for an amazing Graphic Designer for Print / Merchandising.
This position is responsible for:
- Assisting the Sr. Designer in Merchandising on Gondola updates andin-store visuals
- Digital management of International assets
- Branded print collateral such as catalogs, ads, counter cards, event signage for domestic and International markets
You will be working closely with the Art Directors, Creative Director, Creative Manager, and Marketing Managers to ensure timely deliverables on assets. You must possess strong communications skills, a thorough eye for detail, technical design skills and a can do attitude is a must.
Desired Skills & Experience
Candidates should possess the following experience and skills:
- Strong typographic and layout skills with a passion for design
- 4+ years experience working for beauty, fashion, and/or retail brands
- Advance skills in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is a must
- Advance skills in Photoshop, primarily color correcting, compositing, and creating product group shots.
- Knowledge of file set-up and print process is necessary
- Works well under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment; able to self-manage projects and detailed-oriented