Lead UX Designer at Drumbi, IrvinePosted: March 30th, 2012 | Author: Submitted by UX Company | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: basic UCD methodology, communication skills, desktop, mobile, web | Leave a comment »
We are changing the way people communicate, and reinventing it. If you have what it takes to be part of a once in a generation transformation, read on.
Drumbi lifts the barriers of communication between people and businesses. We are building products that will delight consumers, and reduce operating expenses for businesses. We are looking for talented people to join our team and build the next generation of enterprise communications.
Lead UX Designer
We’re looking for a Lead UX Designer to join the Drumbi team in Irvine, CA. You’ll work on and own the user experience of our products. This position will require you to be involved in everything from early brainstorming through to execution and refinement. You’ll be working collaboratively with our engineers and Product Managers to come up with kick-ass ideas.
As the UX lead you will help set the vision for a world class user experience. You will serve as a user advocate to ensure the highest levels of usability, desirability and user satisfaction. You will research, design, and prototype product experiences that meet demanding quality standards, and you will drive your work through the software development process. You will deliver innovative, exciting and emotionally engaging products.
- Working with a passionate team
- Seeing the products you design change the world
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare insurance
- Amazing workplace
- A culture that promotes hard-work, the ability to laugh at ourselves, community engagement, and innovation
- “Welcome Aboard!” package, so you can deck out your work space with great gear (including chairs, monitors, swag, desk options, customized laptop bags, etc.)
- Produce innovative, low friction user experience processes that align with the company’s creative and business objectives
- Creation of well thought out wireframes, concept flows and high fidelity prototypes
- Rapid prototyping of experimental features supported by appealing and user centered design concepts
- Testing features for usability and making changes where necessary, taking an iterative, agile approach
- Design well thought-out solutions for usability challenges across multiple web and mobile platforms
- Manage the visual design team to deliver high quality visual designs
- Manage the handover to the engineering team to ensure UX is accurately reflected in production
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years designing highly usable, elegant interfaces for web, desktop and mobile applications
- Understanding and experience with UX and design for enterprise applications
- Strong understanding of basic UCD methodology. You should be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration and know how to validate your designs
- Experience creating detailed wireframes, flowcharts, and interaction design specs
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Human Interaction or a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of tech trends a plus
- Ability to juggle through multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
Whatever you need to get the job done.
Applicants who do not include a portfolio of recent work, including graphical user interface design examples, will not be considered.
Please send cover email, resume and portfolio samples to Keyvan@drumbi.com with “Lead UX Designer” in the subject line.