Senior Interactive Designer at Hulu, LAPosted: March 17th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: Attention to detail, Interactive Designer, los angeles, mobile, organizational skills, senior | Leave a comment »
Hulu is looking for a talented graphic artist and storyteller to assist our marketing and advertising teams in promoting our premium online services.
This is an opportunity to help shape the way people see Hulu. In this role, you will be designing web pages, advertising promotions, and other marketing and promotional materials that will help our customers better understand our brand and offerings. A refined design aesthetic and ability to simplify will be key as you work with marketing managers to understand our communication goals and translate our message into visually compelling and effective designs.
This job will require you to be highly organized, collaborative, and an expert with the latest design software. You’ll be a great fit if you can maintain a keen eye for design details while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, chaotic environment with intense, demanding, but fun-loving co-workers.
When applying for this position, please submit a PDF with your resume and a link to your portfolio.
Work with Hulu Marketing team to define goals and tailor the message
- Create multiple iterations of wireframes, sketches and hi-fidelity visual mockups
- Collaborate with other designers at Hulu to achieve a consistent visual brand experience
- Analyze the competitive landscape
- Use intuition and best practices to create the best user experience
- Compelling aesthetic sensibilities and general understanding of layout, typography and design principles
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator from the current Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven experience designing for the web. Mobile device design experience a plus
- Understanding of web technologies and the ability to anticipate the needs of developers in creating and cutting production-ready assets
- Good communication skills and ability to explain one’s visual design decisions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage one’s own time efficiently and productively
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced organization
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience prototyping visual experiences using motion is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design/user interface/web development or a related field required
Hulu’s growing team is seeking talented people to help build a service that helps people find and enjoy the world’s premium content when, where and how they want it. If you’re the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of every member of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver a service that has been called “brain-spray awesome.” For an insider’s look at Hulu’s culture, make sure to read What Defines Hulu our team credo.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.