Art Director at Break Media, Los AngelesPosted: April 26th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: 3d, art director, fireworks, flash, illustrator, los angeles, photoshop, well-organized | Leave a comment »
Break Media is looking for an exceptional Art Director / Designer / Illustrator with an amazing (interactive) design portfolio to join our internal design team. If you can create and design experiences that inspire interaction, conversation, and loyalty, please keep reading.
You will work together with the creative team designing cutting-edge user interfaces for our social games, mobile apps, all of our websites (list below), proprietary software / applications, and other digital mediums, as necessary. You will be intimately involved with branding concerns for our various properties and entities, helping set and maintain high visual standards across the board.
There is wild room to grow, and the right candidate will be someone who is passionate about design and hungry to make a mark with a booming company. We move fast and quick, and need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running, and able to instantly make an impact.
This position is full-time in our LA office (in Miracle Mile), and is available immediately. You must include a link to your online portfolio and your resume / LinkedIn profile to be considered.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Top-notch, industry-leading design skills (Photoshop and Illustrator are absolutes) – must also be aware of new trends in the design industry.
- Hands-on design experience with social / Flash-based games an enormous plus
- Experience with Flash, Fireworks, 3D, and/or video a plus
- Experience with mobile apps (iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, or WebOS) a plus
- Must be able to self-motivate
- Must be well organized
- Absolutely necessary to be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to deliver quality final products under deadline pressures
- Stellar interpersonal skills are a must – being a natural “people person” – as position will require constant collaboration across entire organization
- Experience working at (or on) a high-traffic website is a major plus
* A link to your online portfolio
* Resume (or your LinkedIn profile, which is actually preferable)
* Please provide a list of any design awards you’ve received / won
* Your Twitter account (if you have one)
* BA in design or other related field is required.
* Three (3) plus years design experience
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com