Art Director, Newport BeachPosted: April 12th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: aftereffects, art director, Final Cut, flash, illustrator, JUXT Interactive, Newport Beach, photoshop | Leave a comment »
JUXT Interactive is an award-winning interactive design agency with offices in Newport Beach and San Francisco. With a commitment to human engagement, we partner with business leaders to design and develop groundbreaking, cross-platform solutions to meet the ever-increasing demands of the marketplace and digital culture. Our current client roster includes Cisco, Toyota, Scion, and Honda.
We are seeking an Art Director for our Newport Beach office. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of interactive agency design experience with a minimum of 3 years as an Art Director.
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Art Director must design, concept, and write. They must also work amazingly well in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Along with astute design skills and an incredible eye for detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are also paramount for success.
- Produce creative concepts and designs that transcend digital tactics and tie into emotive ideas that engage and affect the audience
- Create intelligent, inspiring design concepts that are both uniquely creative and easy to use
- Develop digital concepts individually, as well as in brainstorm environments
- Work effectively with the project management team to develop design solutions that clearly meet given brief requirements and/or company objectives, on time and within budget
- Deliver clean, layered, and labeled source files to the development team
- Stay current on design knowledge and trends, especially in the interactive space
- Minimum of 5 years experience creating both large- and small- scale interactive and web projects – including, but not limited to, mobile engagements, digital installations, and experiential marketing efforts
- Keen understanding of how the interactive medium is consumed and used by the general population
- Strong conceptual ability for big interactive ideas
- Extremely proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other relevant design tools
- Strong understanding of information and user experience design
- Able to wireframe and develop functional specs
- Experience art directing photo and video shoots
- 4+ years of experience using Flash, AfterEffects, and/or Final Cut
- Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Meticulous with design details and quality, both in motion and interactive mediums
- Thrive in an environment being challenged by Creative Directors, Senior Art Directors, Producers, Engineers, and Clients
- Positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
- Experience working on national brands
- At least one industry award for your work
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design or other relevant major
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or those candidates eligible for a TN visa will be considered. JUXT Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Position is located in Newport Beach, California.
To apply, send a link to your online portfolio, along with a PDF of your resume, to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.