Digital & Visual Web Designer at NBCPosted: April 26th, 2012 | Author: Submitted by UX Company | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: CSS3, Digital, HTML5, visual, Web Designer | Leave a comment »
NBC.COM is looking for a smart, energetic and talented Digital & Web Designer to join its award winning Design|UX Team. This role is a contract position that will be instrumental in shaping NBC.com Digital Experiences across multiple platforms and devices. The Digital & Visual Web Designer will work closely with both the Design, UX, Tech and Producers to create digital product experiences that enhance peoples’ lives.
As a Design|UX team member, you will:
- Design small to large-scale projects including websites, interactive features, sponsor integrations, banners, and other projects as assigned.
- Work with Sr. Director of Design to ensure designs align with overall creative strategy.
- Handle day-to-day management of assigned projects and prioritize workload to ensure all project deadlines are met.
- Execute all design stages from concept to hand-off of final files for digital development.
- Assist Sr. Director of Design and Sr. Designers with collateral design and art production.
- Collaborate with producers, editors, developers, product & other design|ux team members to deliver engaging solutions.
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders, managers and project leads.
- Active participation in brainstorming sessions and concept development, bringing strong ideas and concepts to the table
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A High degree of creativity, digital design and problem solving abilities.
- Strong design communication skills (ability to communicate ideas through design).
- Ability to create great designs under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for television, web trends, and emerging digital technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with ability to accept feedback and interpret needs appropriately.
- Drive to design the best entertainment and customer experiences.
- Proven track record and passion for designing compelling visual work.
- Excellent presentation, project management and organizational skills with a fierce attention to details.
- Education in Digital Design, Visual Communication and/or Interactive Design is required.
- Expertise in visual design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- HTML5 & CSS3 Working Knowledge are a definite plus.
- A Stellar portfolio showcasing range and samples of creative range is a MUST.
- Entertainment and Lifestyle Brand Experience is a MUST!
- Minimum 3-5 years professional web design experience
- 2+ years working in a fast paced environment.
- BA Degree in Visual Communication, Digital Design or a comparable program from an accredited institution.
- Experience designing for cross-platform digital experiences & touch environments is a plus.
- Online portfolio demonstrating broad design skills, versatile aesthetic, typography, high-end experiences, and expertise in design principles and usability.
- High proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator, with working knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, etc.
- Must be comfortable working on complex mobile and social applications along with consumer focused content websites.
- Experience with Consumer Entertainment Experiences across multiple devices a huge plus.
- Experience in design studio, advertising agency, network, or in house design department
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Willingness to work long hours with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old or greater
Online Portfolio is required for all submissions.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to NBC.ContractRecruitment@nbcuni.com with “Contract Digital Web Designer” in the subject line.