Industrial Designer at Nectar, Long BeachPosted: April 26th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: CAD, communication skills, illustrator, Industrial Designer, Long Beach, photoshop, storytelling skills | Leave a comment »
Nectar Product Development is seeking an Industrial Designer with the ability to translate front-end research/strategy into design opportunities.
Must be able to develop solutions as a result of understanding the human factors, marketing, and manufacturing parameters of the product and incorporating it into an appropriate and beautiful form. The position will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams on a continuous basis.
The process of the Industrial Designer will be in a combination of sketching, CAD, and physical modeling. Desired candidates will have experience developing consumer, medical, and industrial products.
- Visual research
- Configuration studies
- Foam core mockups
- Foam carving
- Preparation for presentations
- Conceptual sketching including Illustrator and Photoshop Ideation
- CAD modeling in Solidworks and surface modeling
- Excellent visual and verbal communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work smoothly with a fast-paced interdisciplinary team
- Highly organized
- Team player
- 2 – 5 + years work experience