UX|UI Designer at NBCPosted: April 26th, 2012 | Author: Submitted by UX Company | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: android, Designer, ios, NBC, UI, UX | Leave a comment »
NBC.COM is looking for a smart, energetic and talented UX|UI Designer to join its award winning Design|UX Team. This role is a contract position that will be instrumental in shaping NBC.com Digital Experiences across multiple platforms and devices. The UX|UI Designer will work closely with both the Design and Product Teams to create digital product experiences that enhance peoples’ lives.
NBC.COM is seeking a User Experience Designer who will be responsible for creating engaging experiences across NBC.COM’s family of products and services. You will work collaboratively with fellow members of the Design|UX and Product Team to conceptualize, wireframe and design ideas into usable experiences. You will inspire members of Design|UX, Product Management, Engineering and Quality Assurance to develop consistent and award-winning products and interfaces.
As a User Experience team member, you will:
- Represent the User Experience by translating customer requirements and usability study results into defined specifications that inspire the development the right product.
- Own the design of the most impactful user interface for our core products.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Team, Design|UX Team, Engineering and User Research.
- Influence product strategy and direction by incorporating key strategic goals.
- Work Directors of Product & Design|UX to translate business and marketing goals into the best customer solutions for our business.
- Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, specifications, prototypes, navigation maps and other documents.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer’s needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that result in improved user productivity and engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A High degree of creativity, interaction design and problem solving abilities.
- Strong design communication skills (ability to communicate ideas through design).
- Uncanny drive to design the best user experience and customer interactions.
- Proven track record and passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills with a fierce attention to details.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple teams & stakeholders.
- Team player who can work easily with Design, Product and Engineering.
- Ability to create detailed wireframes, user flows and specifications is required.
- Education in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or Product Design is required.
- Expertise in visual design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- HTML & Prototyping skills are a definite plus.
- A Great portfolio showcasing range and samples of interaction design is a MUST.
- Entertainment and/or Lifestyle Brand Experience is a Plus.
- 3+ years of experience for the User Experience Designer position.
- 2 – 5 years experience in developing cross-platform product interfaces.
- Experience in iOS and Android Platforms required.
- BA Degree in User Centric Design, HCI or cognitive psychology OR combined work experience and human factors training.
- Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
- Must be comfortable working on complex mobile and web applications along with consumer focused content websites.
- Experience with touch enabled devices and systems and Consumer Entertainment Experiences also a huge plus.
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Willingness to work long hours with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old or greater
Online Portfolio is required for all submissions.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to NBC.ContractRecruitment@nbcuni.com with “Contract UX|UI Designer” in the subject line.