Branding Designer at Belkin, Los AngelesPosted: May 5th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: Branding, communication skills, Designer, illustrator, los angeles, organizational skills, photoshop, powerpoint, Quark, word | Leave a comment »
As a Branding Designer, you will responsible for creating and executing the Belkin brand image as directed by the Senior Designer (Branding, IDG) and IDG Design Director in the design and development of Belkin brand image. Create, incorporate, and manage design standard and consistency of the Belkin brand image as it relates to products, packaging, tradeshow/events, retail, multi-media, and collateral.
How you’ll do it
- Create and develop consistent Design Language, Standards, and Guidelines to support all Belkin business units. Design and produce collateral, packaging, multimedia, tradeshow materials, marketing, and other related projects as needed.
- Work with and receive art direction from Sr. Designer (Branding), and Design Director to ensure Belkin branding standards are being met.
- Possess a sophisticated sense of design, and the ability to develop and implement conceptual ideas and give effective presentations.
- Coordinate consistency across all types of media to image and promote the best Belkin message for branding and positioning.
- Manage, organize and able to complete multiple time sensitive projects on time and successfully.
What you’ve done
- Responsible for 100% accuracy and proofing of all materials produced.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills and critical attention to detail (strong follow-up and follow-through).
- Support the implementation and maintenance of image/file cataloging, archiving, and backup program.
- Support media and asset management program.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with Branding Designer in the subject field.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to express ideas clearly written and graphically.
- Proficiency with Mac and/or PC computers, printers, scanners, and latest computer graphic technology. Proficient with relative software, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Word, and PowerPoint. Web proficiency is a plus, but not necessary.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors.
- Two to five years experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com