Creative Director at Skirball Cultural Center, Los AngelesPosted: May 11th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: communications skill, Creative Director, CS5, css, html, los angeles, UX | Leave a comment »
The Skirball Cultural Center is seeking to add a talented Creative Director to its External Affairs team. The right candidate will have the ability to translate content into compelling and inviting visuals, lead the Skirball’s overall creative and design output, and ensure synergy with our integrated marketing communications activities, initiatives and strategies. Our goal is to continue to enhance the institution’s visual presentation across many functions—art direction, photography, film, graphic design, digital, and signage—in order to provide a welcoming experience for every Skirball visitor. The Creative Director will uphold the quality of our creative, with special emphasis on our print and digital advertising strategy.
The Creative Director reports to the Vice President, External Affairs, and supervises two senior designers and an intern.
- Be an aesthetic steward of the Skirball’s visual identification; infuse a modern and distinct style.
- Guide the Skirball’s creative output, with oversight of the External Affairs creative team and processes, from idea to presentation and execution.
- Ensure the design effectiveness of the Skirball’s overall visual communications through all mediums.
- Work closely with the Vice President, External Affairs, as well as other department heads, to set the artistic vision, develop creative concepts and operationalize them within budgets and timelines.
- Execute projects and initiatives that support the broader short- and long-term overall marketing strategies.
- Contribute substantially—from a creative perspective—to conversations about strategically executing on the Skirball’s marketing communications goals, including the successful introduction of the North Complex in 2013.
- Collaborate across departments with staff in related design functions, primarily in museum design, to ensure consistency and maximize effectiveness.
- Work closely with Senior Designer to continue to evolve website and digital strategy, including e-blasts, banners, online campaigns, etc.
- Motivate and mentor the creative team, encouraging them to stretch creatively and ensuring the highest quality of our marketing materials
- A keen identification with, understanding of, and passion for the Skirball Cultural Center mission and philosophy.
- High creative standards, self-motivation, flexibility, ingenuity, dedication, enthusiasm, and energy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive relationships across the organization and to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds.
- Minimum five years’ experience as Art Director; minimum two years’ experience as Creative Director.
- Four-year degree in fine art, graphic design, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Superior technical skills, expert knowledge of CS5, HTML, CSS, UX, and UI design; exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative and creative design solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic, conceptual, and creative thinking in integrated print and web design; exceptional prepress and on-press skills with an acute sense of color (required).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill.
- Experience working with outside print/production partners and designers.
- Ability to manage budgets, allocate resources, and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org