Interactive Project Manager at SisuPosted: May 15th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Leadership | Tags: agile, android, cocoa, culver city, Django, drupal, interactive, project manager, ruby, wordpress | Leave a comment »
We are looking for an inspired, organized project manager that can lead key client engagements for our Los Angeles-based interactive design studio. The project manager will manage multiple marquee projects for us including the design and development of big brand entertainment websites, start-up concepts, responsive design prototypes and iPhone/Android/WP7 apps. Your role will be to scope, define, manage, and lead our projects from requirements gathering to launch and beyond. You will work directly with both internal and external teams from all over the world, including user experience architects, designers, and technologists. You will also be the client’s day-to-day contact, managing their expectations and clearly presenting all project tasks, risks and milestones.
The big details and responsibilities
- You will own the full project lifecycle and be responsible for ensuring the highest quality final product that is on-time and meets or exceeds expectations.
- You will be a hands-on project lead. You will gather requirements; write functional documentation; create and track schedules and budgets; cover any design or technology issues; directly manage teams; and lead QA on your projects.
- You will lead project meetings including both regular team and client statuses and milestone meetings such as requirements gathering and design presentations.
- You will ensure that best practices and standards are understood and followed.
- We are deeply involved in the rapid evolution of the industry. You will be expected to stay abreast of trends and challenges as they present themselves and to bring them to your project work.
- You will be a critical part of our team. We’re eager to share our ideas with you and learn from you as well.
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 4-10 years of web and/or mobile project management experience, as well as demonstrable experience with:
- Gathering business requirements and creating functional documentation
- Leading small- to mid-size project teams including designers, user experience architects, technologists and QA personnel
- Developing and maintaining project road maps including budgets, SOWs and change orders
- Strong understanding of web and mobile design and developing including: HTML 5, responsive design, open source platforms/CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Django, Ruby), social media integration, and Cocoa/Android (plus)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills via email, phone and in-person
- Previous agency experience is preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus
Sisu is a small, friendly group of intensely curious, talented people. For almost ten years, we’ve been successful by delivering intelligent, engaging design and technology solutions for webtop and mobile. Our clients span many industries including entertainment, media and technology. Our diverse client roster includes Sony, Yahoo, eBay, Paramount Pictures, Starz and and many more. We treat our employees, teams and clients with respect and drive each other to learn more and do better each day.
Interested applicants can apply at Linked In or forward their resume and cover letter to our Operations Manager, Christina Bouchard, via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.