Senior Product Manager – Mobile Apps at Grindr/Blendr, Los AngelesPosted: May 5th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Leadership | Tags: C# .NET, database design, html, illustrator, java, Mobile Apps Los Angeles, photoshop, php, presentation skills, Product Manager, senior | Leave a comment »
Grindr and Blendr are seeking a talented, hands-on Senior Product Manager with new media or mobile apps experience. The Senior Product Manager plays a major part in the creation of a new mobile and web products as well as enhancement to existing products. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for working closely with our cross functional teams to understand and flesh out all of the complexities and intricacies of our mobile application products, and work collaboratively with creative and technology teams to create compelling, insight-driven interactive products.
The Senior Product Manager duties will include building and owning the products full life-cycle process from design to delivery to the marketplace. Also, creating and managing the documentation of products, helping to facilitate project teams to consensus-driven solutions, working with the technical lead to determine requirements feasibility, working with the creative team on interface and interaction design, and working with the Quality Assurance (QA) team on test plans and test cases.
Based in Hollywood, California, Grindr and Blendr are highly successful mobile applications dedicated to finding new ways for people to connect. We’ve got millions of users worldwide, and we’re growing daily. Our apps use cutting-edge technology to help users make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Grindr and Blendr are location- and proximity-based mobile apps that determine where you are and instantly connect you with nearby people who share your interests. Our applications work on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry devices. They’re fast, fun, and easy to use, offering profiles, photos, and stats at a touch. And unlike other social networks, Grindr and Blendr are mobile and work based on your location. Grindr is the classic dating app that serves the gay community, and Blendr is geared more toward the general public, providing an interest- and activity-based as well as location-centric user experience. See more at Grindr.com and Blendr.com. We make social networking social!
- Product process guru, creating and managing the full life-cycle from design stages, to development and through to delivery into the marketplace.
- Managing the junior product manager(s) and UI/UX designers
- Taking a leadership role in developing and documenting functional requirements, user/process flows, and information architecture of software applications and transactional, informational, and marketing websites
- Developing and documenting (via wireframes) detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Research and prioritize user requirements, strategic and business requirements, and functional requirements
- Create use cases using standard modeling formats (such as UML)
- Facilitate team understanding of options and decision-making during informal working sessions, formal reviews, etc.
- Provide review and input into other deliverables as appropriate (e.g. visual designs or technical specifications)
- Map functionality to system components and develop system use cases for QA plans and documentation
- 3-5 years’ experience developing interactive products as either a functional analyst, product manager, information architect, interaction or experience designer (or similar role)
- Application and Web development experience required and Mobile apps experience a big plus
- Prior experience managing a product teams and deliverables
- Familiar with design and illustration software a plus (Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Solid understanding of application development (HTML, Java, PHP, C# .NET, database design/maintenance)
- Proficient with Omnigraffle, Visio, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Solid familiarity with development methodologies, life cycles, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead design of complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to clarify such situations