Senior UI/UX Designer at Grindr/Blendr, LAPosted: May 15th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: illustrator, omnigraffle, photoshop, senior, UI/UX designer, visio | Leave a comment »
Grindr/Blendr is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer as part of the creative product team to define the features and scope of the Grindr and Blendr mobile applications. The critical components to the position will be that you have an excellent eye for design, be able to model those designs through mockups, and delivery the wireframe documentation to developers on how the elements should work.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will be Grindr’s resident expert in User Experience, you will know great UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it is exceptional. You will be responsible for driving the UX process from gathering user data and initial concepts through to final product implementation and a state-of-the-art User Experience.
Based in Hollywood, California, Grindr and Blendr applications are dedicated to finding new ways for people to connect, with millions of users worldwide and growing daily. Our mobile phone application uses creative technology to help users make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Grindr and Blendr are location-based; proximity-based mobile apps that determine your location and instantly connects you with nearby friends. These applications work on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry devices. It’s fast, fun, and easy to use -offering profiles, photos, and stats at a touch. And unlike other social networks, Grindr and Blendr are mobile and works based on your location. Grindr services the gay community and Blendr services the general public with a mainstream version that is interest and activity based as well as location centric. See more at Grindr.com and Blendr.com. We make social networking social!
- Create expert Photoshop designs and mockups for new elements and improvements on current features
- Create skillful wireframes in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or whatever tool you use
- Take general ideas to work into wireframes, UX flows, and mockups
- Lead product design with passion, know and use the latest cool mobile apps and social networks, and be aware of technology trends
- Synthesize the user data into simple, exciting and compelling designs
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development and Test teams in seeing the designs through from planning to implementation
- Evangelize and use research to drive design decisions
- Communicate, specify and describe designs to other designers, software engineers, product managers, and program managers in a highly collaborative manner
- Command of a wide range of tools and methods, and the ability to communicate ideas quickly and interactively
- Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Facilitate team understanding of options and decision-making during informal working sessions and formal reviews
- Utilize web and mobile analytics data to inform design decisions
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product design, UX/UI design and/or interaction design, preferably with some experience in the mobile design space.
- Education requirements include either a BA/BS in interface design, web design or significant relative working experience.
- Lead or Championed the creation of a multi-year UX vision for multiple products or product lines
- Passion for design and strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
- Proven experience driving complex design issues across multidisciplinary groups.
- Proven user-centric approach to design and working understanding of how to apply user research data
- Proficient with a range of interaction design, visualization, and rapid design prototyping tools
- Experience with mobile applications, interactive and/or web-based products
- Solid familiarity with development methodologies, life cycles, and best practices
- Proficient with Photoshop, OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Visio in an Apple/Mac environment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to function well in a diverse, collaborative and highly technical environment
- Prior work that showcases creative problem solving, innovative and exciting user interaction solutions that are rooted to real world needs