Associate Creative Director / Creative Manager at Mattel, El SegundoPosted: June 14th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Director | Tags: Associate Creative Director, Creative Manager, el segundo, flash, photoshop | Leave a comment »
The Mattel Digital Initiatives Group seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic Creative Manager to work hand-in-hand with cross-functional team members and partners to lead the establishment of clear creative direction for Mattel branded websites.
This candidate must be comfortable leading the digital look and feel for premier brands like Barbie and Hot Wheels. Deep experience in visual design and storytelling is a must.
If you have a true passion for kid content and the digital medium, and are inspired by the opportunity to help direct the development of creative for engaging, play experiences across Web, mobile, and more for kids of all ages, please continue reading to determine if you are a good fit!
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
1. BRAND STEWARD: Become a steward and advocate for the consistent look & feel of our premier brands across multiple digital platforms. Assist the Digital Creative Team Lead and work closely with the in-house team to lead the conceptualization and implementation of strategic plans into visual concepts. Present and sell concepts through with confidence and pitch-perfect skills to mid- and high-level executives while simultaneously demonstrating best practices, knowledge of the target demographic, feasibility, and delivering on brand continuity.
2. TEAM LEADERSHIP: Lead a team of designers by managing day-to-day operations; demonstrating enthusiasm for the creative landscape and new technologies; and contributing strong, inspirational, and relevant creative thinking. Drive and inspire excellence in all assignments small or large!
3. RESOURCE MANGEMENT: Prioritize and juggle multiple projects while directing, educating, and partnering with external vendors and internal team members to deliver on all creative, marketing, brand, and digital objectives. Assist head of creative in partnering with cross-functional peers across the department and organization to help optimize creative development process (i.e., asset management, approvals, execution) and leverage scale.
4. COLLABORATION: Proactively build relationships with internal partners and key stakeholders across the department and organization – from large presentations to one-on-one meetings – by demonstrating thought leadership, real-time knowledge-sharing, and developing and rolling out best demonstrated practices.
5. USER EXPERIENCE: Advocate for a positive user experience in all creative. Maintain a user focus while simultaneously guarding the digital brand look & feel as well as delivering on business objectives. Ensure execution of a thoughtful creative strategy and positive user interface across multiple digital platforms.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver innovative creative solutions
- Identify areas to improve execution or creative development methods based on analytics, consumer trends, and user testing
- Ensure the Creative Team delivers on business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to develop user personas and scenarios
- Maintain cross-functional relationships
- Provide detailed, actionable direction for all creative solutions while considering end goals and meeting tight deadlines on multiple projects.
- Mentor, manage and develop designers and their technical and soft skills
- Identify tools, process efficiencies, and training needed to keep team cutting edge
- Have an eye on the next trend, tech, emerging platform as it relates to design execution and content types
- Work diligently and efficiently within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to ensure that all creative objectives and deadlines are met.
- Ability to plan, create and manage a variety of projects from conception to completion.
- Highly effective presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to inspire innovation in all creative projects small or large
- Adept at navigating multi-layered environments
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- An Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in design, visual arts, graphic design or related field from a four-year university or equivalent degree from an art college.
- 5-7 years’ experience working on premier brands within the web, interactive or related fields.
- Previous experience managing and leading internal and external team members
- Strong familiarity with Flash and Photoshop as well as a strong working knowledge of the Adobe and Microsoft creative suites.
- Vision and point of view in design degradation across multiple digital platforms
- Experience working with high-visibility brands with many invested stakeholders