Design Manager, Huntington ParkPosted: June 14th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: communication skills, Design Manager, home furnishings, Huntington Park | Leave a comment »
The company is a designer and distributor of contemporary lighting, home décor and accent furniture which is distributed throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and South America. We are a recognized leader in our industry and our innovative products are found in many of the mid to upper level furniture and lighting stores.
We are seeking an experienced design manager who will communicate and assist in the execution of the brand direction for all product lines: portable lamps, fixed wire lighting, mirrors, clocks, accent furniture and wall decor. The candidate should be able to manage in-house designers and free-lance designers.
1. Trend research; Design development; Formulate design direction
2. Prepare written Design Direction and distribute to key product designers
3. Manage inside and outside designers
4. Select and execute on accepted designs
5. Oversee design of marketing materials and branding
6. Execute fabrication of samples
1. Bachelors Degree in industrial design, architecture or interior design
2. Minimum 5 years experience to include hand rendering, model making and fluency with Solidworks, 3-D Max or Rhino, Illustrator and Photoshop.
3. Work experience to include lighting and or furniture design
4. Must have experience in the home furnishings industry
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Open to travel to Asia and Mexico and relevant trade shows domestically and abroad.
- Lighting and furniture design
- Trend assessment
How to Apply
Please submit a digital portfolio (pdf), resume and salary history via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org