Handbag Designer at BCBG Max Azria GroupPosted: June 2nd, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: communication skills, Handbag Designer | Leave a comment »
A company is seeking for a Handbag Designer.
- Responsible for bags, belts and small leather goods from concept through production.
- Research seasonal products
- Work with footwear and women’s design teams for direction
- Source and place sample orders of raw materials for domestic and international orders
- Design of line and presentation of concept and groups/
- Issuing of all styles with specs/swatches/layouts etc. to our domestic and over-seas contractors and all communication between fcty re product development
- Supervision of corrections to samples through production
- Design of components from custom hardware to linings
- Review of line with administrative team as well as sales
- Overseeing direction of BCBG line development
(*product lines include: BCBG Max Azria collection/ BCBG Paris/ runway /Herve Leger promotions- occasional work with marketing for gwp merch., working with visual, pr, marketing- on product knowledge booklets, look books etc.)
- Prior experience in planning design direction
- Experience in overseas factory development, trend research, trade show attendance
- Ability to work with Merchandising, Sales, Material and component development
- Ability to supervise staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3+ years prior experience in Handbag Design
- Fashion Degree
- Contemporary brand experience is a must
How to Apply
Please send your resume and sample portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.