User Experience Engineer at Media Temple, Culver CityPosted: June 22nd, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: CSS @font-face, CSS3, culver city, engineer, HTML5, media queries, responsive web design, User Experience | Leave a comment »
User Experience Engineers at (mt) Media Temple are responsible for creating and building front-end web code. If you’re an engineer with a “work hard, play hard” attitude and are passionate about pushing the limits of modern front-end web technology while maintaining beautiful, scalable code, (mt) could be just your kind of place. As a member of our Product Team, you will work with your peers in Product, UX, Engineering, Support, Business, Operations, and Marketing to ship successful, meaningful designs. This position is based in Culver City, CA.
We are currently on the lookout for a UXE to be part of a growing team that provides a UI/UX resource to our business. We’d love someone who cares about web standards and good practices while understanding the value of getting things done. We want someone who will assist with the planning, building & maintaining of our products, namely our front-end components for many of our internal & customer-facing web sites and applications.
- Have 5+ years experience building production web UI/UX in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing individuals, small teams, and projects.
- Are an expert in cross-browser compatibility and willingly embrace the pain that goes with it.
- Are experienced with RESTful APIs; ability to build ‘AJAX-y’ application controls from JSON/XML/etc.
- Have experience with modern front-end frameworks/libraries (jQuery is a huge plus).
- Have a keen eye for usable design; experience with Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Have a passion for building in new technology with progressive enhancement & accessibility.
- Have some experience with server-side programming languages (e.g., Perl, PHP, Python).
- Experience with one or more version control systems (e.g. Subversion, Git).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytic skills.
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements and organizing resources.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to improve a product.
- Ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical/creative projects.
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
- Strong results orientation.
- Thinks big!
It would also be really great if you…
- Love being surrounded by friendly, uber-genius developers and sysadmins.
- Have a passion for learning & using leading-edge web technology (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, CSS @font-face, media queries, responsive web design).
- Have experience with relational databases like MySQL or other SQL technology.
- Are familiar with (and open to) schema-free database technology (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB).
- Have experience with iterative development processes (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, LSS).
About the Product Team
- Small team, huge goals
- Addictive sense of humor
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Willing to celebrate