Fandango, the nation’s leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com, and at 1-800-FANDANGO. Fandango’s top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with nearly 20 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Palm, Windows Phone 7 and many other platforms.
Fandango is seeking a Visual Web Designer. This is a full-time contract position, with strong potential to become a full-time salaried position.
We are expanding our business from being primarily movie ticketing to a first-class movie-related entertainment property. There’s room for significant improvements to our visual design, and we’re looking for someone who can help get us there. Our team has many new products in development across the web and in mobile, and we have many more cutting edge ideas coming. If you are passionate about creating a world-class user experience, we may have the career for you.
This position reports to the Director of Design, but interacts with all levels of the company. You must be self-motivated and willing to take the initiative – no one will be standing over your shoulder. Note that this is not a programming position. This job requires strong visual design skills. Some of the highlights of the role:
- Concept and design innovative, usable, technically feasible user interfaces for the sites and various mobile devices and tablets.
- Analyze and evaluate current front-end design/usability challenges and implement effective design solutions.
- Design prototypes for user testing and design solutions based on user feedback.
- Champion brand and design standards across all projects.
- Create and maintain the design style guide and user experience guidelines.
- Be able to deliver for a range of design needs including icons, navigation components, skins, feature stories, marketing materials and microsites.
It is important to us that you have the following:
- At least 2 years of web design experience at a design firm or in-house design department.
- A degree in graphic/web design.
- Ability to be creative, thoughtful and to express ideas in an articulate, concise manner.
- Strong visual design skills with a keen eye for typography, color and layout.
- An understanding of usability best practices, and experience with current front-end technologies.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop and Illustrator in a Mac environment.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours as needed, and keep company confidentiality.
Please send your well-designed resume (hint: if your resume is in Word, this job is probably not for you) and link to your online portfolio.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com