Web Technical Advisor, Los AngelesPosted: June 30th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Support | Tags: los angeles, Technical Advisor, web | Leave a comment »
Provides support to the Web Supervisor and Customer Communications advisor team on project management for the utilities’ internet & intranet, and/or extranet web sites, and associated online/email communications campaigns. Works closely with business clients, Web team programmers, graphic designers and IT in the integration of solutions, constructing web-related applications. Acts as consultant for the Web team and its various internal client departments, providing technical support regarding web site design, layout, user interface, navigation and content decisions. Edits and rewrites content for clarity, accuracy and good web presentment. Applies knowledge of web-related technologies and best practices to support the development, implementation, and efficient ongoing operation of new web-based information, services and solutions.
- Works closely with Web Supervisor, business clients and IT to understand client’s business objectives and customer/system requirements.
- Responsible for working with other Customer Communications team members, as needed, on assignments to ensure integrated communications goals are met.
- Provides web technical consultation to clients to enable them to leverage the web in their business processes, products, and services. Provides advice on content design and presentation for the company’s external web sites and common Intranet sites. Recommends strategies and supports efforts to create Web applications.
- Supports day-to-day maintenance, updating and upgrades to existing Internet, Intranet, and Extranet websites. Edits and rewrites content for clarity, accuracy and good web presentment.
- Coordinates the design and production of website development projects including scheduling and coordination of design and development resources; collection and editing of content and related materials from clients and/or outside resources; performance of general trouble shooting and other content and design management tasks.
- Ensures web designers, programmers and technical analysts and/or outside vendors have all the information/competent they need to complete their jobs on schedule. Follows through to ensure schedule is met. Manages client expectations.
- Creates and administers policies and procedures for content providers to Internet and Intranet sites. Administer “new site” processes. Supporting content development including creating appropriate policy and procedures for content.
- Trouble shoots any last minute problems. Searches out answers to new questions or problems. Provides solutions to management team.
- A strong sense of urgency. A resourcefulness which allows you to get things done in a complex organization.
- Solid project management skills, as well as excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent mastery of the English language and knowledge of best practices when editing/writing for the web audience vs. print.
- Ability to establish a friendly rapport with clients while diplomatically prodding them for information/resources the web team needs to complete their projects efficiently.
- Good understanding of the organization’s business and strategic direction.
- Ability to work with diverse group of individuals, including all levels of management, and change direction quickly if necessary for project success.
- Knowledge of digital media industry essential.