Web UX GUI Designer at MiTAC Digital Corporation/ MagellanGPSPosted: June 14th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: Adobe Creative Suite, axure, GUI Designer, UX, web | Leave a comment »
Magellan is a leading portable GPS navigation consumer electronics company. Founded in 1986 and with over 200 key patents in GPS technology, Magellan is recognized as an industry innovator and leader. Magellan is the creator of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate®, and Maestro™ series portable car navigation products, as well as the Magellan eXplorist® outdoor hand-held navigation devices. Magellan is also proud to offer innovative Mobile GPS solutions including the RoadMate App for iPhone and Premium Car Kit accessory.
Magellan (MiTAC Digital Corporation) is seeking a Web UX GUI Designer. This position is responsible for driving the requirements for structure, UX and GUI of the Magellan web properties. Collaborate with other UX designers and organizational stakeholders to ensure a consistent look and feel across Magellan products and tools. Design responsibilities encompass Magellan’s entire digital presence i.e. the website (including mobile), blogs, connected apps.
- Graphic Design with a communication design emphasis
- Experience designing complex, data rich software and/or web applications
- High level of competence in typography, composition, layout, color and information presentation
- Familiar with web standards
- Experience with Product Management tasks and principles
- Demonstrated Pixel level detail and craftsmanship
- Conceptual thinker, exceptional practitioner
- Capable of developing and communicating design strategy for business as it applies to the web
- Experience in relevant Adobe Creative Suite Programs, Axure a plus
- BA in Graphics/Product Design or Related Field; 3-5 years experience
How to Apply
Please submit resume and links to portfolio samples via email to: email@example.com