Front End Developer, Los AngelesPosted: July 27th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Usability | Tags: CSS3, Front End Developer, HTML5, json, JSP, los angeles, xml, XSL | Leave a comment »
Our LA area client is looking for a Front End Developer to be responsible for developing and supporting a variety of online sports products. Read on for the deets and express interest!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, develop, test and support front-end components of our Java applications including online sports products like live scoring applications, team and player pages, video, social networking features, as well as other editorially-controlled parts of our site.
- Produce high quality, well-organized, well-documented and bug-free code.
- Work closely in a team environment with other software engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Drive increased site impressions in order to generate ad revenue and increase user engagement.
- Work proactively to ensure a high quality user experience, with sound usability and limited defects.
- Meet aggressive performance and scalability goals to address explosive user growth and emergence of new technologies.
- Cultivate knowledge of application development best practices
Skills You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related degree.
- 4+ years’ experience designing and developing client-side web applications.
- Possesses understanding of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Experience with Struts2 framework and Tiles as well as working in a Linux environment a plus.
- Experience working with XML, JSON, XSL, JSP, HTML5, and CSS3 a plus.
- Strong written and oral command of the English language.
- Excellent problem solving, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be well organized and be able to execute independently as well as be a team player with strong communication skills.