Senior Web Designer, IrvinePosted: July 27th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: irvine, senior, Web Designer | Leave a comment »
The Senior Web Designer is responsible for custom creation of HTML, Flash, Video Creatives, Rome, Mockups, microsites, landing pages and portals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, websites, packaging, sales materials and informative and instructional materials.
- Designing and developing Web pages, banner ads, Flash animation and Web/Email page templates.
- Generate and manipulate graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
- Must remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Web and print design.
- Coordinate with vendors, printers and suppliers to complete projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong visual design aptitude for both print and Web.
- Strong understanding of typography and color theory.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Understands Web usability with expertise in designing clean, intuitive interfaces and knowledge of current best practices; visual design skills and graphics software knowledge are required.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple project environment.
- Must be comfortable working with Windows-based systems.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in graphic design, with at least 4 years in interactive Web design.
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, or equivalent.
- Experience in online and offline production with understanding of all print and Web-based imaging formats and conversion from print and rich media into print-ready or Web-ready files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Strong aptitude with Adobe Creative Suite 3 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks and Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office 2007.
- Flash and ActionScript 3.0 experience required.