UI / UX Designer at OkCupid Labs, LAPosted: July 13th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: mobile, UI, UX, web, west los angeles | Leave a comment »
OkCupid Labs is opening an office in Los Angeles to work on experimental products, and we’re looking for entrepreneurial, passionate designers to join us. We’re a small team and we’re growing fast. Our work improves millions of lives and is redefining the way society thinks about online dating. We work fast, have fun and ship often.
We believe in the power of design to shape products, drive experiences, and invoke emotion. If you love tackling complex design challenges, while helping to connect people online and offline, we’d love to talk with you.
An OkCupid Labs UI/UX Designer…
- Takes broad, conceptual ideas and turns them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Designs flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contributes to high-level strategic product decisions with the rest of the Labs teams
- Partners with PMs, engineers, and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
When we look at your portfolio, we want to see…
- Interaction and visual design chops
- Designs for mobile AND web (or better yet: responsive design!)
- Intuitive and highly functional flows
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’)
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
What is OkCupid Labs building?
- A photo-driven game that’s secretly a dating app
- An app that takes lessons from the dating world into matching people together for housing, apartments, and roommates
- Awesome stuff we’ll think of together