Visual Designer/Art Director at Hatch Labs, West HollywoodPosted: July 6th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: IxD / Visual Design | Tags: art director, Visual Designer, west hollywood | Leave a comment »
We are looking for a well-rounded designer with an innate sense of aesthetics and a thirst for creativity to help us build the mobile future. We want you to bring visual innovation to our team. You should have an Apple-like craving for designing interfaces that delight customers and consumers. We’re about to break ground on an exciting new concept that will define the next generation of lifestyle enhancement. The right candidate is passionate about new technology trends, social media, and loves solving complex problems in an agile environment.
- Have impeccable taste visually and are excited about defining the look and feel of a mobile/web product
- Can quickly and successfully go from conceptual framework to visual assets ready for deployment while maintaining quality
- Are versatile and creative with your work and can design for a wide range of products in a wide range of industries
- Are obsessed with good typography
- Can balance “cool” with “sensible” and blend the two together beautifully
- Can test UI/user flow as necessary, and work with product designers to hone user experience
Brownie points if you’ve have had experience with:
- Designing for iPad
- Coding HTML
- Experience working with video / media sharing
Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
An art degree from a fancy school is preferred, but a wonderful project list trumps all:
- Got an app that you’ve designed in the Apple App Store? Send us an iTunes link.
- Have a portfolio of work? Shoot over a link.
- Do you like writing about things you design/build? We’d love to read your blog.
Ultimately, we are looking for intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneurial designers who are passionate about creating great products and solving unique problems.
What are you looking for?
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup (many of us come from venture-backed startups, and we can all attest to this!), with the handy resources of a technology/new media giant
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like
- Great amenities within a great building, including: fully stocked cafeteria and kitchen on every floor, amazing views of downtown and a colorful/creative work environment
- Competitive salary/equity compensation, and better benefits than any other startup in Los Angeles (phenomenal health coverage, 401K, gym discounts, software discounts, and a lot more)