Sr. Web / Interactive Designer at Reason Media Group, Los AngelesPosted: August 31st, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: css, html, Interactive Designer, los angeles, senior, web | Leave a comment »
You are a passionate and experienced interactive designer with a solid portfolio of work and an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices and UX design. You are a Photoshop and Illustrator rock star and have the ability to easily convert designs into production elements. While we don’t expect you to be an advanced coder (though this is a plus), you should have some basic knowledge of front-end development and any experience with HTML5 or WordPress is always a plus. You will have the ability to:
- Influence design direction and strategy across all projects, including but not limited to: input on the user experience, business rules and creative deliverables
- Contribute to internal brainstorming sessions with well-reasoned insights and concepts through inspiration, sketches, and mock-ups
- Oversee creative projects through to completion – from concept development, to wireframing, to design. You will take the lead on concept and design of interactive projects that span web, social, tablet and mobile apps
Required Skills / Experience:
- Highly experienced with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proven ability to manage and execute against multiple projects, and work efficiently against tight deadlines.
- Passion for the digital realm, with a good sense of where things are headed.
- Understanding of core design methodologies and UX best practices.
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web technologies is always a plus.
- An online portfolio to show off your fantastic work.
We are a boutique agency with passionate individuals, and we work with an exciting mix of national and international corporations in addition to non-profits. Our clients constantly rely on us to deliver innovative and effective solutions within the online and interactive space. This position is full-time, and you must be able to work on-site at our office in Sherman Oaks, CA.
What You Get
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Laid back working environment
- Company Lunch on Fridays
- Benefits package after an introductory period.
How to Apply
If you think you are a good fit for this position, then please send us an email with your resume AND links to your website/design portfolio. Although optional, a salary history would be preferred. The position is located in our office in Sherman Oaks, CA. Please DO NOT apply if you do not wish to work on-site or if you are an overseas third-party development company. Candidates who are not able to work in-person will not get a reply. No calls, faxes, staffing companies, and no recruiters please.