Web Designer at TotalBeauty, Santa MonicaPosted: September 19th, 2012 | Author: UX Jobs LA | Filed under: Interaction Design | Tags: communication skills, css, flash, html, IA and UI experience | Leave a comment »
TotalBeauty.com, an exciting new online resource for all things beauty, is seeking a talented full-time Designer to join our growing team.
Founded by some of the brightest minds in the beauty and media industries, Total Beauty brings honest, independent reviews and content together with the most comprehensive beauty product database in the world to offer a personalized package that helps women understand what products will work for them. In it’s nearly two years online, Total Beauty has already receiving serious attention from beauty’s most prestigious publications and brands and has already established itself as a major player in the beauty realm.
The designer will serve as a critical member of our team, working primarily with the editorial group but also will involve work for sales, marketing and business development across all Total Beauty properties.
Reporting to the Art Director, the ideal candidate must be an extremely self-motivated individual who has experience with complex, large-scale media sites and who is an ardent evangelizer of progressive design processes and trends.
The perfect candidate is a team player who is excited about great design, lives to create cohesive online brand experiences that get attention, and loves all things related to the Internet.Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Editors, and other team members to create innovative design solutions
- Take ideas and solutions from concept through design and execution
- Create interactive deliverables including website designs, widgets, emails, banner campaigns, user interfaces, style guides and presentation collateral
- Contribute to our creative process and strategic thinking
- Research the appropriate competitors and consider leading design trends
- Perform day-to-day graphical asset prep for editorial content, photo galleries, and newsletters
- Color correcting, sizing, and optimizing graphics and photos for the web
- 1-3 years experience designing at a large media company or interactive design agency
- A solid portfolio with interactive work examples
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and current development trends
- Strong typographic and layout aesthetics
- A detail-oriented self-starter and multi-tasker
- Experience with working on large brands with existing brand guidelines
- GREAT communication skills
- Flash, IA and UI experience a plus!
Benefits & Perks
- Fantastic health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- Company equity plan
- Employee referral plan
- Great startup atmosphere
- Entreprenurial team
- Free beauty products (guy stuff too)
This is a full-time position in Los Angeles. We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Direct applicants only, no staffing or third-party recruiters please.